Well, she turned 1 almost a week ago but I was preoccupied with Mateo's surgery and recovery. And she's not adopted yet :( I was hoping by the first birthday but alas, DCF moves slow. Who would've guessed? But seriously, I just have to say, Maya's bio mom agreed to consent 9 months ago. Nine months! Does it really have to take this long?
Anyway, here are just some things I love about this one year old girl:
- she's just so dang cute!
- she loves her family
- she laughs whenever anybody else laughs
- she is good-natured
- but she is developing her own little personality
- which has turned a bit towards the dramatic
- like when she throws herself face down on the floor and buries her head in her hands when she's upset
- but overall she is easy-going
- she's very tough, I guess a necessity being Mateo's little sister
- she is social and friendly
- she is happy 93% of the time
- she is hilarious and makes us laugh all the time with her funny facial expressions
- she is so dang cute! (She also may be a bit spoiled because of this)
Since she's having a big party next weekend, we had a small celebration on her actual birthday. And she got one present from Dave and I, and one from Mateo. Here is the push-cart I got her. She LOVED it! And was so freakin' cute pushing it around the house.
My Favorite Place on Earth
1 day ago